Timothy P. Mooney Travel Award
The Timothy P. Mooney Travel Award offers support for UNC-CH archaeology graduate students traveling to scholarly conferences. Graduate students who are presenting papers, posters, or other scholarly work about their archaeological research may apply for $250 in travel support. The actual award amount will depend upon the number of qualified applicants in each budget cycle.
To apply, please submit the following items as a single PDF file to Dr. Margaret Scarry (email@example.com):
1. Application form;
2. A copy of the conference program (preliminary program is acceptable) listing your participation; and
3. The abstract of your paper or poster.
Students may apply once per academic year. Applications are reviewed three times a year: September 15, November 15, and February 15 annually.
Post-Travel Instructions for Award Recipients
If you receive a Travel Award, please follow the instructions below upon returning from your travel:
1. Email a synopsis or abstract of your conference paper/poster, identifying the name and location of the conference, to Dr. Heather Lapham (firstname.lastname@example.org) for posting on the Archaeology@Carolina website and the RLA’s Facebook page (Photos are encouraged!);
2. Bring back an original program from the conference that lists your presentation;
3. Download and complete the travel reimbursement form;
4. Collect your original receipts for all expenses claimed. Please print out any e-receipts (such as plane tickets purchased online). Please circle totals on receipts (do not use a highlighter; they are difficult to read on photocopies and scans). You only need to submit receipts for expenses totaling the amount of your award; and
5. Submit the completed travel reimbursement form along with original receipts and conference program to the RLA’s Administrative Manager, Jan Scopel (email@example.com), in Alumni Hall 108 within 30 days of your return.